If you are an aspiring homeowner, one of the best things you should consider is to hire a real estate agent or a broker. Of course, they are the ones who will guide you about how a particular real estate transaction works, especially when you decide to invest in a Makati condo or any other real estate property in mind.
Like any other real estate agents, they are also capable of making the deal possible for you, for you to achieve your desired home. Of course, it is all possible with their helping hands. Well, if you are one of those people who want to invest in a real estate property. Below are some reasons why you should hire a real estate agent to help you with some real estate transactions.
1. They will be there for you during the difficult times
This is one of the advantages when you hire a real estate agent; they will help you whenever you have some problems in the process. Also, if you don’t know anything or any idea at all about the problem and its cause, the agents are there to explain and let you understand the situations that you are experiencing. Of course, you also have to know that they are also knowledgeable enough to solve the said problem and still make the deal possible.
Moreover, when you have a good agent, they will take care of your transactions. Of course, with all your consent, and whatever decisions that you have in mind, they will support it and will make some way to make it possible for you to have your dream real estate property.
2. They will help get your house ready for sale in record time
If you are planning to sell your home, hiring a real estate agent can also help you with that kind of matter. It doesn’t matter how old or how new your home is, they will find and make a way for it to sell it successfully to a good and right person. Of course, there are also documents that need attention. That is why, as a home seller, you also have the responsibility to understood how a real estate transaction should work. That is for you not to be ignorant of the things that are going on around you.
Before you can sell your home, your agent will let you know and understand the standard procedure on how to make the selling works. If you agree with the conditions, then it would be better for the both of you to agree in one situation.
3. They know you are busy with work, kids and any other things in your life
One of the many reasons why home buyers want to hire a real estate agent is that they don’t have much time to do some hands-on of their real estate transactions. Of course, if you are a busy person it is impossible for you to focus on the different things at the same time. However, if you hire an agent, they will help you with the things that you want to have. Of course, you don’t have to worry since agents also respect your time and decision whenever there is a need to have some consent from you.
Moreover, agents know how to respect your time and decisions that you have. However, if you think that the agent that you have hired is not doing the right job for you, then you also all the rights to find another real estate agent to continue what you have transacted.
If you are a kind of person who doesn’t want to compromise quality time and money, then making sure of you do, especially when it comes to the decision-making is going to be the best thing you should do. Of course, that is also for you to achieve your desired out without any problems and hassle at all.
There are quite a few things to consider when pricing condominiums for sale. Similar to regular single-family homes, there’s the location and neighborhood to think about, size, condition as well as the features of the properties. In a condominium environment though, one has to take into account that the ownership is shared with the rest of the unit owners which makes the setting of prices slightly different from how it is usually done on single-family homes.
How To Increase The Value Of Your Condo
One of the keys to getting the price up is by increasing the overall worth of your condo. If you are thinking of selling your Makati condominium anytime soon, here are a few tricks to help improve its value.
- Communicate with the management regarding shared areas. Putting your unit up on the market isn’t limited to the space you’re living in. The whole complex is part of the package too. So take time to explore the building and see which are in need of improvement. Is the pathway leading to your place clean and presentable? Are the elevators in good working order? What about the exterior appearance – are the hallways well-lighted, is the swimming pool or fitness center well-maintained? Note down everything you have noticed and present it to the board during the meeting. Likewise, ask for their future plans so you’ll know your next step of actions.
- Check the association rules and regulations in terms of upgrades and renovations. Keep in mind that the level of restrictions varies depending on the condo management. Find out up to what extent you are allowed to make changes on your space. Are you limited to doing the basics such as updating the lighting, changing the curtains and getting rid of the smell or are you permitted to do wall repaints and minor installations like setting up new sink and faucet in the kitchen? Identify what are doable on your end and what are not.
- Work on improving your place. Clean and de-clutter. Make simple enhancements that would brighten the atmosphere. If major upgrades are permissible, start with the kitchen, then bathroom and after that, storage.
- Do not overdo. Avoid giving in to the temptation of achieving a very expensive look just so you can set a high home pricing. Surely, you wouldn’t want to spend a lot of cash only to realize later on that it doesn’t give the highest return of Philippine real estate investments, would you?
Holding an open house is a joint effort between the homeowner and the real estate agent. To ensure the success of the affair, they have to work hand in hand and coordinate with each other, decide on common do’s and don’t’s as well as align their goals towards making a profitable sale.
Each has his/her own checklist to follow. The homeseller is usually in charge of the interior and paper works whereas the realtor takes care of the promotional aspect and event implementation.
How To Prepare For An Open House If You Are A Homeseller
Here is a short list of tasks for the owner of the residence. Apply these tips to better prepare your PH real estate property for public viewing.
- Stage it up. Prepping the house for visitors is a number one requirement to all sellers. This pertains to cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your home, removing dirt and dust and eliminating visible clutters to make it look as welcoming and engaging as possible to buyers and prospects. Put some fresh flowers in the living and dining room. Change the window curtains to improve lighting. Add soothing background music on the day of the event. Cleanliness and decorations are major must-do’s to enhance the appearance of your residence. As you cannot control the people who’ll enter your premises, it is then advised to keep all valuables hidden. Lock everything up. Make a quick inventory of the things you have and remember to leave only those that are not as important.
- Prep the documents. Having all the necessary transaction documents ready at any time is another must-do for the seller. In this way, should a good offer comes in, you can close the deal in the earliest time doable. Make sure the inspection reports and appraisals are available. If you have major repairs and warranty papers, compile them together. Blueprints of improvements will be a great addition too. Always make it a practice to keep the original copies to yourself and create some photocopies to interested homebuyers.
- Have a verification system setup. Just like how visitors’ entries are verified on high-rise condos like Makati condominiums for example, setting up similar ground rules is a must. Remember that these are total strangers who will walk and tour around your home. If they are just five or six people, that’s manageable. If it becomes a crowd of dozens and more, this is where the security risks enter. Have them show some proof of identity like driver’s license for instance. Do not allow use of bathrooms. Anything can happen behind a closed door so prevent any worst case scenario from happening. Tours must be done in teams or pairs. Do not leave a guest alone and on his own.