One of the oldest traditions in house-selling is an event called open house. Some find it beneficial up to this day as it provides huge exposure of the property to the crowd. On the other hand, there are those who consider it a waste of time and energy because not every visitor is a homebuyer.
How To Prepare For An Open House
If you ask most of the homesellers, it’s all about getting the new houses for sale up in the market and letting the public know about it. The quicker the deal is sealed, the better.
To those who are considering holding such events, the trick lies on preparation and proper implementation. Here is a quick guideline to walk you through.
1. Decide on the date and time. First up is to study which season is most effective to start the campaign. Do a market analysis. What months do buyers normally come around? Weddings are often celebrated on June and December. So will it be ideal to put it up two or three months prior to that? Which days are effective? Perhaps, it’s better to run it on a weekend instead of a weekday.
2. Find a real estate agent. Next step is to search for a reputable realtor who can assist you in selling out your PH property. He or she must be very articulate and knowledgeable not only in the real estate industry but also in events such as this one. Do remember that it takes joint effort of both the agent and the homeseller in order to attain success.
3. Market your event. Get listed right away. Promote online and offline. There’s Craigslist, Facebook, and Twitter for the former and there’s newspapers and brochures for the latter. Setup a creative signboard on the front yard. Create hype!
4. Prep your home. This is about home staging on the part of the current homeowner and ensuring that it is clean and free from clutter. A few decorations here and there can make a difference as well. Also included on this stage is having all the necessary documents ready and photocopying them.
5. Make the day memorable to prospective buyers. Communicate with your realtor your desires and wants. Ensure that you are both aligned with the objectives. This will help you devise techniques on how to create a memorable experience to all visitors. A few snacks and bottled water with a soothing music in the background is one suggestion.